An explosion has occurred in the fourth micro region of the Mukhiani district, Tbilisi late last night. The experts say the blast was caused by the natural gas, which leaked from a damaged has cooker in the apartment. A woman and her grandchild were hospitalized with burnt injuries to the specialized clinic. The ten year old child was discharged from the hospital after providing first aid, while the woman remains in the clinic with 30% of her body burnt.
Other members of the family say the gas leaked from a damaged gas cooker, but the explosion was caused after they turned on the gas heater.
Tbilisi municipal government reminds the residents of the capital to use the free service of the governmental program Safe Winter and check up the work of their gas appliances at home to avoid similar accidents.